For last months theme, we invited our community to share what creative hobbies help their wellbeing
COMPETITION: ‘How do we build a more mental health friendly Sheffield?’
Sheffield Flourish launch their first ever competition, asking people how they would build a more 'mental health friendly' city
We are living in challenging and uncertain times but we firmly believe that from adversity can come creativity. Our city is full of talented people and groups who care about building a better future.
Many people have worked together to create Sheffield Flourish, a hub designed to support people who live with mental health conditions in building the lives they wish to lead.
We have to think big to achieve our ambitions, which is why we’re inviting people from across the city-region to share their enterprising and creative ideas for building a more mental health friendly Sheffield.
Many of the entry stories will be featured on Sheffield Flourish and the winner and runners up will be invited to share their story at one of our events.
Submissions will be considered by people who live with and support people living with mental health conditions, including our Editing Panel and city leaders who have an influence on mental health services.
We will shortlist to the five best entries, which will be announced on March 20th.
The winner will be awarded a £100 prize, and four runners up will receive £50 (cash or voucher).
All entrants will be invited to the prize-giving event in late March, details to be confirmed.
Submissions that demonstrate the following will be more likely to win:
– Imaginative enterprising ideas which challenge what we’ve become used to
– Ideas which make the most of the amazing people and resources we already have in our city
– Frugal and realistic ideas which wouldn’t be too hard to make happen
– Carefully crafted and meaningful storytelling
Terms and conditions:
– We welcome entries in different mediums including film, audio, photography and writing (as well as combinations of different mediums, e.g. writing, art and photography).
– Entries should be no more than 600 words, or 2 minutes in video or audio format
– Submissions should be labelled with your name and sent with a photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on March 3rd 2017, with the subject line ‘Competition’
– By applying you give consent for your submission to be shared on Sheffield Flourish
– By applying you give consent for your details to be shared in promotional materials and at our events
If you care about building a more mental health friendly Sheffield we would like to invite you to join our community. Sign up here
If you would like to get involved by volunteering with us find out more here.
Looking for inspiration or would just like to read real Sheffield mental health related stories here.
We also have a printable version of this page.