Sheffield Flourish needs to keep certain information on its employees, volunteers, users, members and trustees to carry out its day to day operations, to meet its objectives and to comply with legal obligations. Sheffield Flourish is therefore a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Directive on Data Protection (GDPR) introduced in 2018, which means that we determine the purposes for which personal information will be used.
Data is held securely by Sheffield Flourish. We always ask for consent when collecting data, as part of our public tasks, and with legitimate interests (more information can be found on the ICO website). We will ask for consent every two years. You have the right to complain to the ICO if you are worried about how we are handling data.
If you want to know what data we hold on you, or to ask us to delete it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copies of our data protection policy are available on request.
Signing up to Sheffield Flourish
We use the information we collect when signing up to Sheffield Flourish to:
- Allow you to set up a profile and comment on stories
- Allow you to optionally sign up to our newsletter
- Keep a record of how many people are signed up to the website
When you sign up to our website we’ll ask you to provide:
- A profile name (this doesn’t need to be your real name)
- An email address
- A password
You can email us at any time and ask us to delete this data, we’ll aim to do this within one week. The email address is email@example.com. Once this data is deleted you will no longer have an account with Sheffield Flourish.
Signing up to Sheffield Flourish newsletters
We use the information we collect when you sign up to receive our newsletters to:
- Tell you about the activities, stories, co-production opportunities and services we’re offering
- Tell you about other relevant information
- Keep a record of how many people are signed up to our newsletters, and how many people open and click on them
You can email us at any time and ask us to delete this data, we’ll aim to do this within one week. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also easily unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of the emails.
Adding feedback, services and events on the Sheffield Mental Health Guide
When adding feedback, services and events on the Sheffield Mental Health Guide you may be asked to optionally provide an email address. This will be used:
- So that we can follow up with you about the details of what you’ve submitted
- To let you know what we have done about your submission
When submitting contact details relating to activities or services we will assume you are complying with data protection regulations.
Calling or emailing the Sheffield Mental Health Guide
When calling or emailing the Sheffield Mental Health Guide, we will ask if you are happy to provide:
- Your name
- A phone number or email address
This is completely optional, and we will only use it for these purposes:
- To send you more information or call back, if required
- To keep a record of the kinds of conversations we’re having, for monitoring purposes
This data will be stored in the same way as described above.