Sheffield Flourish was launched in July 2016, inspired by a radical vision for mental health in Sheffield. Today, we have over 200 stories on this website, and a community of 1,000 people using the site per month. In June 2017 we were honoured to win Digital Charity of the Year in the DL100 awards.
People with lived experience of mental health difficulties and distress are involved with our organisation at every level; from our board and facilitators to staff and volunteers. The project was built and designed by our board and our steering group.
We have a diverse network of creative content producers, who craft the stories you can find on this site. Our editing panel ensure all the stories that come to us are ready to be published, and also help decide our monthly themes and events. Finally, our digital ambassadors go out into the community and help people to get online and use our site.
As a small organisation we couldn’t exist without our partners and friends (and there’s too many of them to list in one place!). We are truly grateful for the support we get. If you’d like to support us you can gift your time or resources (or even gift a donation).
Sheffield Flourish is the working name of charity Recovery Enterprises, which was set up in 2012 (registered charity number: 1147334).
- We stand for hope and positive change
- We engage critically and constructively with key issues in mental health
- We are realistic about the barriers and exclusions which people living with mental health conditions have to face
- We strive to be inclusive and respectful
- We value the knowledge, ideas, and skills of people living with mental health conditions
- We are innovative and creative
Finally, a talk on a radical vision for mental health in Sheffield, by one of our board directors, Professor Brendan Stone: