Open Door Music is one of the community enterprises supported by Sheffield Flourish.
We run four free and friendly mental health friendly groups where the door is always open.
Everyone’s welcome at our sessions, whether you can sing, produce or play, or are completely new to making music.
“This group has offered a lifeline during some of the darkest moments of my life” Open Door Music attendee
We’ve got plenty of instruments and computers, and friendly groups of people who’re happy to give you some pointers. If you’re interested in improving your musical skills, writing, recording, producing or finding people to play with we would love to work with you.
Open Door run five groups:
- The music jam group: where we jam with music instruments and singers
- The music production group: where we use computers and our voices to develop songs
- The singing group: singing a whole range of songs, from folk to rock, for people of any ability
- The music appreciation group: a weekly social group for people to share and listen to music they enjoy with other people.
- The Music Improvisation Group: an informal group to learn to be more confident playing music, and playing with other people