Competition: ‘Where I am at’
On January 15th we’re launching the new Sheffield Mental Health Guide. January 15th is known as ‘Blue Monday’ – the saddest day of the year. We hope our website will make it that little bit easier to navigate the lows that life brings.
We’ve seen the value of sharing our different experiences of mental health through working on Sheffield Flourish. We also want to hear your experiences – good and bad – to keep the conversation going.
So, we’re launching a competition.
Please send us a photo which shows what you want to say about mental health today – where you’re at. Your images could be about your mental health, or local/national issues, or anything you think is interesting, important or relevant. Feel free to be creative or unusual if that’s your style.
Please send submissions to email@example.com, including:
- Your photo
- 50 words describing it
- Your name and email address
Please note, we have now extended the deadline for entries to December 15th!
Why take part
We will announce the prizewinner at our launch on January 15th, which is taking place at The Workstation. Details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/129989424374079/
The winning entry will be given one of Sheffield’s own wonderful Buddy Boxes, and their photo will be used on the front of a report about our relaunch.
We’ll be showing all the entries at the launch. Where possible we’ll also use the photos on our website in the future, helping us build a more meaningful and representative website.
- Voting will be public, and will take place online through a combination of Facebook and website votes
- We will only consider entries which fulfil all the criteria listed here
- By taking part you give permission for us to publish your photos online and on social media as part of the competition and in future
- All entries need to abide by our submission guidelines which can be found here: https://sheffieldflourish.co.uk/submission-guidelines/
- One entry per person
- We will post entries online and on Facebook on December 22nd so people can start voting. Voting closes on January 8th.
We also have a word version of this information which you can download.